Crime Summary: Armed Robbers, Purse-Snatcher Sought
The following arrest information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
An alleged purse-snatching was reported in the 19900 block of Appledowre Circle at noon Sunday, July 29. Police said the suspect was described as a male.
Police are looking for four males suspected in a strong-arm robbery reported in the 19700 block of Frederick Road, at around midnight Sunday, July 22. The suspects are described as:
- Suspect #1: 20 to 25 years old, 5’8” to 6”, 150 pounds
- Suspect #2: 20 to 25 years old, 5’8” to 6”, 160 pounds
- Suspects #3 and #4: 20 to 25 years old, 5’6” to 5’8”, 160 pounds
Two males are suspected in an alleged strong-arm robbery reported in the 19500 block of Frederick Road, on Saturday, July 28 at 4:55 a.m. The suspects were described as 18- to 20-year-olds, between 5’6” to 5’8” tall.
Police are looking for two males who may have been involved in an attempted strong-arm robbery in the parking lot near the Starbucks at 13408 Kingsview Village Avenue, at around 11 p.m. Wednesday, July 18. Police said the suspects tried to forcefully take the victim’s property but were unsuccessful.
A man was arrested following an alleged aggravated assault inside the 7-Eleven at 12900 Wisteria Drive at around 7 p.m. Monday, July 16. Phillip Sylvester, 31, no fixed address, was charged with first- and second-degree assault and marijuana possession, according to court records accessed onilne. Police allege Sylvester pulled a knife on another patron during an argument.
Waters Landing Elementary School, 13100 Waters Landing Drive, was burglarized at 7 p.m. Monday, July 30. Police said there were signs of forced entry, but nothing was reported missing.
In other news:
- A residential burglary was reported in the 12000 block of Amber Ridge Circle, overnight between Tuesday, July 17, and Wednesday, July 18.
- There were three thefts from vehicles overnight between Sunday, July 29, and Monday, July 30 on Twinflower Circle, Germantown. In all events, entry was made via an unlocked door. Loose items left inside, such as sunglasses and change, were targeted.
- A residential burglary was reported in the unit block of Martins Landing Court on Tuesday, July 17, between 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- A residential burglary was reported in the 18000 block of Black Gold Way, Boyds Saturday, July 28 between 6:30 and 10:15 p.m.
- A residential burglary was reported in the 18500 block of Black Kettle Drive, Boyds, overnight between Saturday, July 28, and Sunday, July 29.
- A residential burglary was reported in the 13900 block of Leaman Farm Road, at 9 p.m. Tuesday, July 31.
- A residential burglary was reported in the 13800 block of Bailiwick Terrace, Germantown on Friday, July 27, between 3 and 3:27 a.m.