Three Albert Einstein High School students took home awards for their paintings at Thursday's Johns Hopkins Montgomery County Campus student art show.
Christina Lockwood took home first place for her painting, On the Verge of Renewal; Molly Swyers took second with Our Choice; and Gabriela Avalos received an honorable mention for The Painter.
All of the work will be on display through March 23 at the Rockville campus.
In all, 154 high school artists and photographers from around the county submitted their work. The show, currated by local artist Sherill Anne Gross, is themed "The Next Horizon."
Here's the list of the winners, their works and their schools:
- First place: Christina Lockwood, On the Verge of Renewal, Visual Arts Center at Einstein
- Second place: Molly Swyers, Our Choice, Visual Arts Center at Einstein
- Third place: Denna Ameen, From the Past to the Next Generation, Northwest
- Honorable mentions: Cherrie Wang, Unattainable, Wootton; Catherine Miranda, Pie in the Sky, Northwest High School; Gabriela Avalos, The Painter, Visual Arts Center at Einstein
- First place: Gabriella Brock, Transitions of Technology, Northwest
- Second place: Allison Banavong, I Can Never Win, Northwest
- Alexandra Dotti, Hollywood Sun, Gaithersburg