Patch has editors on the ground covering news all around Montgomery County. But even hard-nosed journalists have to stop to think about the holidays and what gifts to give their families and friends.
Knowing the best places to shop might be seen as one of the side benefits of being a Montgomery County Patch editor who has the inside story on business and development.
Plus, each Patch site has a business directory where you can find store hours, addresses, photos and user reviews.
If you've made it through Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday with gifts still to buy, you've still got time left due to 2012's holiday shopping season of 32 days, perhaps the longest ever due to the way the calendar fell in 2012.
We know the allure of the big retailers but we also want to showcase the unique experience of local shops in sharing the best of Montgomery County shopping as the holiday spending season progresses.
Stop in here for the latest from Patch editors. This hub for shopping news from Patch sites around the county will be updated throughout the coming weeks. We'll link to the best shopping locations in the county and the best shopping coverage on Patch in Montgomery County.
- Bethesda/Potomac Patch Holiday Survival Guide
- Newly Opened Bethesda Consignment Store
- Chevy Chase Shopping: Something for Everyone
- Local Fashionista Talks Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- Potomac Jewelry Designer Reveals Holiday Trends
- Rockville Patch Holiday Shopping Guide
- H&M is Open in Silver Spring
- Dick's Sporting Goods is Open in Wheaton
- Local Designer on Gifting the Perfect Scarf
- Potomac's 'Occasions Gifts' Lauds Beautiful Wrapping
- Franchot Visits These Stores to Encourage Residents to Shop Local
Have your own unique gift ideas and shopping spots? Share them in comments.