Here's what happened in the towns around you over the last 24 hours. Brought to you by our team of editors, reporters, photographers and videographers.
- Rockville: County Executive Isiah Leggett on Tuesday in Rockville outlined an operating budget proposal that cuts 216 county jobs, taps county employees to bear more of the cost of their benefits and rejects the school system's request for more county aid.
- Wheaton: In the middle of a busy legislative session, a bill giving Montgomery County the ability to set up a roadside solicitation permitting system has been withdrawn from consideration.
- Bethesda: Police are continuing to analyze evidence in Friday’s Lululemon attacks.
- Georgetown: UPDATE: At the time PatchCast aired on Thursday, Georgetown Patch had not confirmed this woman's death. A female construction worker suffered a traumatic injury while working at Georgetown University's Leavey Center. She later died from her injuries. visit Georgetown Patch for the full story.
- Colesville: The "Secrets" play educates parents and teens about HIV/AIDS at the East County Community Center.