A squatting robber snatched two purses off the lap of a female victim as she was getting out of her car, according to Montgomery County Police.
The purse snatching was similar to a string of incidents reported in that neighborhood since Dec. 31. Police would not say whether the incidents were connected.
Police said that a male suspect squatted alongside a car parked in the 11300 block of Halethorpe Terrace in Germantown at around 8:30 p.m. on Jan. 14. When the female victim opened the car door, the suspect grabbed the purses and robbed the woman of personal items she was carrying, police alleged.
Similar incidents have been reported on Appledowre Circle and Gateshead Circle.
On Jan. 8, a suspect snatched a purse from an unlocked vehicle in the 19900 block of Appledowre Circle. Two people were inside the vehicle, according to police.
Police said a female’s purse turned up missing as she unloaded groceries from a vehicle parked in the 20000 block of Appledowre Circle.
Another woman who left her purse on the floorboard in order to made quick run to her residence found someone had broken into her vehicle, parked in the 20000 block of Gateshead Circle. A laptop, purse and iPod were reported missing.
See More on Patch
- Crime Summary: Seneca Convenience Robbed, Vehicle Thefts Reported
- Crime Summary: Auto Thefts, Armed Robbery, Indecent Exposure Reported
- Crime Summary: Weapons Offense at La Mexicana Leads to Arrest, More
- Crime Summary: Vehicle Theft Reported at Germantown Rite Aid
- Germantown Crime Summary: Aggravated Assault, Thefts and Burglaries