Weekend: Miracle on 34th Street, Winter Lights, More
Looking for something exciting to do this weekend? Check out some of the fun things going on around town.
Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
- Where: Seneca Valley High School, 19401 Crystal Rock Drive, Germantown
- When: 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6–Saturday, Dec. 8
- Description: High school production of the seasonal musical, a theatrical involving more than 50 Seneca Valley High School students.
- Cost: $5–$7
- Where: Germantown Historical Society, 19320 Mateny Hill Rd., Germantown
- When: 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9
- Description: The Germantown Historical Society will be holding a Holiday Open House at the Historic Germantown Bank. The Bank will be decorated for the holidays and there will be historic exhibits including a new exhibit on "Germantown in the Civil War," as well as refreshments.
- Cost: Free
- Where: Seneca Creek State Park, 11950 Clopper Rd., Gaithersburg
- When: Sunday, Nov. 25 through Sunday, Dec. 30. Open 6-9 p.m. Sundays, and Tuesday through Thursday; 6–10 p.m. Friday through Saturday
- Description: 3.5-mile drive through 350 light displays, 60 of them animated.
- Cost: $12, Monday–Thursday; $15, Friday—Sunday. Cash only at the gate.
- Where: Fitzgerald Theatre, F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre, 603 Edmonston Dr., Rockville
- When: 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8; 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9
- Description: Rockville Civic Ballet presents the holiday classic
- Cost: $12-16
- Where: Olney Theatre Center, 2001 Olney-Sandy Spring Road, Olney
- When: Friday, Nov. 30–Saturday, Dec. 29, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- Description: The Olney Theatre Center presents Paul Morella’s solo version of a Christmas Carol.
- Cost: $26