We have a great opportunity tomorrow, July 7th at 10:30am. I have partnered with my other colleagues in District 39 along with Attorney General Doug Gansler to hold a Homeowner Relief & Foreclosure Prevention Workshop. The event will take place at the Upcounty Regional Services Center in Germantown.
This great event will be particularly beneficial to residents in the area who are struggling to make their mortgage payments, are threatened with foreclosure, or need assistance with managing their current mortgage.
Representatives from the following banks will be on hand to assess if you are eligible for possible relief:
· Bank of America/Countrywide
· JPMorgan Chase/WaMu
· Wells Fargo/Wachovia
Even if your mortgage is not serviced from one of these banks, you can still receive assistance to try and prevent or deal with foreclosure in the best way possible.
Attendee’s may possibly:
- Qualify for loan modifications including principal reduction if you are in default or at risk of defaulting on your mortgage payments
- Refinance at historically low interest rates if you are current in your payments but your home is worth less than the mortgage loan amount
- Be eligible for $1,500 to $2,000 if you lost your home to foreclosure
- Learn about new bank servicing standards that change the way banks deal with borrowers
- Work one-on-one with housing counselors and lawyers to develop a good action plan