Montgomery County fire investigators say an electrical malfunction sparked a house fire in the 3300 block of Brooklawn Terrace in Chevy Chase Sunday night.
According to Fire Department Spokesman Pete Piringer, the fire started about 11 p.m. Sunday in the basement of the two-story house and has been ruled an accident, reports Montgomery Community Media.
Piringer said there was no one home at the time of the fire. One firefighter was injured at the scene; no details have been released on the extent of the injuries.
Damage is estimated at $400,000, according to Piringer.