.
News Alert
Police Shoot Man 'Behaving Erratically' in Silver …

MCFRS: Afternoon House Fire Fire Started In Microwave

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service units were dispatched to the Montgomery Village area of Gaithersburg Thursday afternoon.

An adult female required medical attention for possible smoke inhalation after a microwave caught fire in the Montgomery Village area of Gaithersburg Thursday afternoon, according to a Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson.

MCFRS units were dispatched just after 2 p.m. to a house in the 20300 block of Oyster Bay Terrace for the report of a fire, MCFRS spokesperson Beth Anne Nesselt told Patch.

Officials remained on scene checking for extension of the fire, Nesselt said. No other injuries were reported.

Editor's Note: This article has been updated to correctly reflect the location after originally identying it as the Laytonsville area of Gaithersburg.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »