Seneca Valley High School was established in 1974 and was the first high school in Germantown. The home of the Screaming Eagles, the football team is one of the most accomplished in Maryland, winning the state title in 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1987, 1992 - 1994, 1997 - 1999 and 2002.
With approximately 1,357 students from 67 countries, Seneca Valley High School is very diverse.
Alumni include such figures as NFL Arizona Cardinal Eric Drain and Mark Bryan, lead guitarist for Hootie and the Blowfish.
The school's colors are green and gold. The principal is Marc Cohen.
- Fax: 301-353-8004
- Number of students: 1,357
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 92
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Biology, Calculus (AB & BC), Chemistry, Computer Science (A & AB), English, English Literature, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish, Statistics, U.S. Government, U.S. History, World History, French
- Student clubs: Black-Eyed Susan Book Club, Chess Club, Drama Club, Gay Straight Alliance, International Club, Latin Dance Team, Mathletes, Newspaper (Talon), Photography Club, S.I.S.T.E.R.S./Hermanas, Step Team, Student Government Association
- Sports teams: Football, soccer, cross country, golf, tennis, volleyball, cheerleading, field hockey, varsity baseball, softball, lacrosse, outdoor track and field